AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Training
Employers with five or more employees (including temporary or seasonal employees) must conduct sexual harassment training for all employees.
The new law requires employers to conduct sexual harassment prevention training for:
• all non-supervisory employees for a least one hour and
• all supervisory, management employees or active owners for at least two hours
For temporary or seasonal employees, employers must provide sexual harassment prevention training within 30 calendar days after the hire date, or within 100 hours worked if the employee will work for less than six months.
This seminar meets the requirements of AB1825 with a focus on the specific challenges faced by long term care supervisors.
2 hours | Los Angeles, CA
Registration Fee: TBA
Click the button below to set up a class!
Attendees will know what constitutes sexual harassment, and become familiar with the various state and federal laws (and regulations) that prohibit this kind of harassment. Participants will learn about the legal obligations of employers and individual supervisors regarding sexual harassment. Those Present will gain an understanding of the rights and obligations of employees and what sexual harassment resources are available to the public.
Nursing Home (SNF), Assisted Living, Residential Care Facility (RCFE, ARF, GH), and other long term care supervisors/executives.
Course Outline (2hrs)
- Sexual Harassment Defined
- Federal and California Laws and Regulations
- Types of Conduct that are Considered Sexual Harassment
- Remedies Available for those with a Sexual Harassment Claim
- Strategies to Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Scenarios and Examples
- The Complaint Process (limited Confidentiality)
- Resources for Employees Who Feel They are a Victim of Sexual Harassment
- Employers Obligation to Conduct an Investigation
- What Can/Should a Supervisor do if Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Conclusion Q&A
Provided to Attendees
Continuing Education Credits
CA NHA (1738002-5089) - 2hrs
CA BRN (CEP# 15442) - 2hrs
CA RCFE Administrators (129-0203-26584) - 2hrs
CA GH Administrators (129-0203-26585) - 2hrs
CA ARF Administrators (129-0203-26586) - 2hrs